Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My First Experience with OPI Black Spotted

Hi guys, today I wanted to share with you my first experience with OPI Black Spotted. I was extremely lucky to get my hands on this in a swap with Rainbowify Me. 



Read on for my experience!



Okay, so today I recieved OPI's Black Spotted in the mail. I'm sure you have all heard of this.. It is a France Exclusive polish OPI released as part of their Spiderman collection. It was a hit, but unfortuately OPI said they had no intention on releasing it in other countries.
Black spotted is similar to the Black Shatter released with the Katy Perry collection 18 months ago. It is a special effect polish you layer over an existing manicure. It works in the same way, that the base has to be completely dry before applying this special topcoat and the thinner the coat, the more off the effect shows up.
The consistancy is very different to Shatter polishes which I have always found to be on the thick side. Black spotted is EXTREMELY thin, it's practically like water..

As it turns out, even though my base colour which is OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls was touch dry, it wasn't dry enough so I ended up with cracks all over my nails. You can see one over Mermaids Tears below, but on me, It was ALL over the nails, it looked horrrible.


 L-R: over My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Mermaids Tears & If You Moust You Moust all by OPI.

I also tried it over a couple other shades which turned out a bit better, so I guess I'll keep on practicing!

I'm very happy I got my hands on this shade, and stay tuned for some more attempts!

9 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to see more of this! It looks great over the pink, and the green too, and however much I can see of the blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're lucky to have this. Can't wait to see some more manicures with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is soo coollll! you're so lucky to have gotten this polish (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that everyone is in love with this finish, probably because it is hard to get, but I just don't like it. Thanks for sharing your imperfect manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so envious you got your hands on this lol. It looks so fun to play around with! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really gorgeous over bright colors! Try waiting a day (or overnight) before applying it over your polish. It worked for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how it looks with the pink background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been seeing this polish on heaps of blogs... you're so lucky to have it! It looks so greaat!

    ReplyDelete