Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A cute Halloween design ruined by my impatience: A Halloween Nail Fail

Hi guys! So I saw this really cute design on tumblr somewhere but I don't know who did it sorry! But I thought I'd try and recreate it today since it's Halloween!

I used a base of Zoya Jancyn and then used a black striper polish from Orly's Instant Artist line called Jet Black  and a bit of Liquid Vinyl by Orly and a dotting tool to create drips on my nails.
This looked all cute until....
The Liner by Orly dried to a matte finish and looked super weird and I wanted to take photos immidiately so I slapped on a top coat (Without Thinking) and smeared it!
It worked somewhat better on my middle fingers as I really glopped the topcoat on and moved it around and since it was so thick the brush wasn't dragging the design.
Oh well.
It still looks cool from a distance!


3 comments:

  1. Perfect for Halloween, but hey, you win some you lose some. That topcoat problem can happen even if you are patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the smudging still kind of works with the design :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea I agree with Kas, it still works, especially because it's Halloween!

    ReplyDelete